Log in

No account? Create an account
Peter Sheil [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Peter Sheil

[ website | Peter's Home Page ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

Chat [Apr. 18th, 2002|08:01 am]
Peter Sheil
Hi there

I've not posted for a few days 'cos of pressures at work and home. Let's see, what has been happening?

The Weekend
Well over the weekend my mother-in-law Hazel came down to see us. We took her out to the New Forest a couple of times - Furzey Gardens on Sunday where she bought us a couple of azalias (sp?). We went to the cinema on Saturday evening - "A Beaufiful Mind" - v good film, I can thoroughly recommend it. We spent some time in our garden on Sunday - Hazel identifying the various plants and telling us what to do with them plus a bit of tidying. We have ivy trying to take over various sections of the garden and keeping it in check is almost a full time job.

Kim went into a local hospital for an investigation on her right shoulder. They put a little camera inside the joint and had a look at it. Whilst there the consultant shaved a bit off a tendon and a bit of bone. I went in to the hospital in the evening and Kim was still a bit dopey (from the anaesthetic) and her shoulder was aching a lot. Also she had a needle still in the back of her left hand and it was hurting.

Eventually I was able to collect Kim from the hospital and take her home. She has a selection of pain killers and an anti-inflametory drug. Also she is doing physiotherapy exercises - one of which has me moving her arm above her head v gently, moving it around then swinging it back down again - she is lying down during this. It seems to be getting more mobile and the pain is getting less which is good.

I was going to go in to work late, but as it was later than I expected I decided to work from home instead. I ended up e-mailing a report for presentation at a management meeting, but our dial-in lines are s..o s..l..o..w that it is painful.

Wonderful morning - sunny and clear although it has clouded up a bit now. I actually got to work at 7.25 AM, just before the office is due to open. I did the physio with Kim before I left home. She said that she was going in to work in London today, but a bit later than usual so she will avoid the worest of the crush on the underground.

That's all for now, byee.