1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between
three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is
full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of
lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for
2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water
for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later
they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together.
How can this be?
3. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you
put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or
any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?
4. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray
when you throw it away?
5. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or
6. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you
can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you
would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong
with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it,
but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it
a bit, you might find out.
OK - I'll post the answers later today, promise. Some are old favourites but some are new to me. Enjoy (or shuld that be "get frustrated"?)