Comment and lets see if we can get all 12 answered today.
- The manufacturer does not want it, the purchaser does not use it and the user does not see it. What is it?
- When can you add two to eleven and get one as the correct answer?
- The Managing Director asked his secretary to make him a cup of coffee. The secretary was in a hurry to make the coffee, and in her haste one of her clip-on earrings fell into the cup. Although the cup had coffee in it, the earring did not get wet. Why is this possible?
- On the late afternoon of a hot summers day in August a CID Detective is summoned to a field, some five miles west of London. On his arrival he finds a frozen corpse in the middle of the field which has been freshly ploughed. He notices that there are no footprints anywhere near the body. The only marks anywhere near are tyre tracks from a tractor, and he observes a tractor about a hundred yards away. He questions the driver of the tractor who says he has been in the field all day and that he had not seen anything or anyone unusual. How did the person die and turn up in an open field?
- George and Harry are two popular politicians who meet in their local drinking club for their usual Friday night drink. They start to discuss how they can overthrow their party leader, and order their first drink of the night which is a vodka on the rocks. Harry downed his in two quick gulps and immediately ordered another which he again drank with two quick gulps but decided to wait before ordering a third drink. Georg on the other hand, who had been quietly sipping his drink suddenly fell forward onto the table dead. It appeared that both men had been set up for assassination, but why did George die and not both of them?
- A large black dog steps out into the road in a town where everything is painted black. None of the street lights are working due to a power failure caused by a recent thunderstorm. A car with two broken headlights and travelling at speed is heading towards the dog but swerves in time not to hit the dog. How could the driver have seen the dog in time to avoid it?
- Picture a ship at anchor. Over the side hangs a rope ladder with rungs every two feet. The tide rises one foot every hour. At the end of six hours, how much of the ladder will remain above the water assuming that eight rungs were above the water when the tide began to rise?
- Mr. And Mrs. Smith have five children. Half of them are boys. How is this possible?
- A woman from London married ten different men from that city, yet she did not break any laws. None of the men died, and she never divorced. How was this possible?
- Arthur Bloggs stared through the dirty soot-smeared window on the 25th floor of the office block. Overcome with depression he slid the window open and jumped through it. It was a sheer drop outside the building to the ground. Miraculously after he landed he was completely unhurt. As there was nothing to cushion his fall or slow his descent, how could he have survived?
- Lousie was sunbathing at a nude beach because she heard it was the best way to acquire an overall tan. Day after day she was out lying in the sun, yet couldn’t manage the complete tan. What could she be doing to prevent her from receiving the even tones she so desired?
- Ruby has an uncanny ability to be able to listen to the radio, carry on a conversation, or even watch TV while reading a book. One night she was watching TV while reading a book when suddenly the power went out. Her husband decided to go to bed. However, she kept reading, even though the room was completely dark. How could she continue to read?
[Edit: I'm screening comments to keep you in suspense, if you haven't got them all that is. Only you and I will be able to see your comments. I'll unscreen them all tomorrow so you can see them.]