At the moment I think I have the answers for 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 and 12. How about you?
Can I give my answer to number 12 here?
I have no idea on this. I think the guy I got them from did say something and it was simple and obvious.
This is easy ie I got it :)
If you're stuck I'll give you a clue on this thread later.
This is another easy one ... well if you're a coffe drinker it's easy.
I think I've got an answer to this, but I'm not 100% sure of all the details.
No. 2: By counting modulo 12, e.g. hours on a clock.
No. 3: Instant coffee. She hadn't added the water yet.
No. 4: On the outside of an aircraft.
No. 5: The ice was poisoned.
No. 6: By sunlight?
No. 7: Eight. Assuming the ship is floating.
Still thinking about the rest.
2 - yes; 3 - yes; 4 - taht explains part of it, but the location can maybe give you a bit more (although it would be partly conjecture); 5 - yes; 6 - yes; 7 - depends on their skill in layiong an anchor but basically yes :)
No. 9: She is a registrar or priest.
No. 10: He jumped in through the window, not wanting to clean any more.
No. 11: She didn't turn over.
No. 1: Manufacturing costs.
No. 8: Half of "Mr. And Mrs Smith" would have to be boys, or there would be no children. (?)
9 - yes; 10 - yes; 11 - dunno, do you think it could be that simple? 1 - hmmm, I don't think that was it; 8 - I don't think it's a word trick like that. I thought mor along the lines of children by previous marriage or something like that. Maybe Mrs Smith is Mr Smith's step daughter? No I don't think that works, for several reasons. I'm don't know on this one.
2005-01-12 12:43 pm (UTC)
I'd try to figure some of them out but somebody else seems to have posted the answers alreay. Somehow, that just ruins the fun. Most of the answers, at least...
So don't read the comments - dork! :)
you want me to answer how many?
*spins in circles*
However many you think you can answer - try starting with one of the obvious ones ... unless none are obvious to you in which case just try thinking about them and solutions will pop out :)
I'll be unscreening the comments later today so if you want to have some mental activity try doing them without reading the comments :)
1) too tired to think of an answer
2) hours. 11 o'clock + 2 hours = 1 o'clock
3) instant coffee
4) blue ice, frozen in a wheelbay of a jet?
5) poison is in the icecubes
7) 8 rungs
8) the other half were boys as well
9) she was the city official that married them
10) the window did not open out on a 25 floor drop
11) no idea
12) she knows braille
1. Zzzzz (but that's one I don't know yet so keep thinking)
4. Yes - the location is about where a plane would put its landing gear down if approaching from the west.
7. Yes - although as it picks up more of the chain off the bottom the boat will go down very slightly
8. Oh ... I hadn't thought of that, although it does smack of a verbal trick rather than a real answer
10. Well ... if you guess his job you will understand it completely
11. me neither
Good set of answers, thanks :)
Oh well done on that one - it was starting to get me frustrated :)))))
11. She didn't take her clothes off?
Could be ... it doesn't say whether she's a blonde or no does it!
8.The other half are also boys.
This is an oldie.
That does seem like a "cheat" to me, but it could be. You are not the only person suggesting that so I guess it is the consensus view.
She didn't take off her suit - she was shy.
Another oldie, but goodie.