Boston / Chester was a good trip - despite the fact that I was stayin with my wife and her new partner [it actually ended up way stranger than that but I'll not go into that in a public post]
Had Thanksgiving dinner with a group of people - fun was had.
Went to Freeport, Maine to LL Beane's; bought a few things and managed not to get through to fruitbatz :(
Did a bit of sight-seeing.
Posted a large bar of Cadbury's chocolate to fruitbatz
Had a morning being a tourist around Boston
Now I don't know if any of you reading this are Bostonians ...
- I thought I did very well not asking anyone for a cup of tea :)
- The "Freedom Trail" is a great idea, taking you around all the different historic bits.
- Despite the guide book's tone I want to let you know it wasn't my fault
- If you are going to have the red line that indicates the trail made of red bricks it would be a lot easier if the pavement wasn't made up of red bricks too.
- The Constitution was shut ... no not the result of the election but the boat :) The security guard wouldn't even let me get close to take pictures.
- The "T" is a good and cheap way to get around the city.
- If the artist's pictures of what it will look like are right then it will be worth all the road works getting that main road down under the city. No, don't tell me all the politics about it or the crys of grief about the roads now and how they keep changing - just hold on to the vision of perfection that's coming. [me, sarcastic?? Nah ;)]
- Half a day is not enough time to look around the city :( Still that does mean I'll have to come back doesn't it :)
- Anyone want to meet me there next time? [won't be soon, late next year earliest I expect]
Right off to pack, go see my Mum then drive to Cardiff.