||[Mar. 8th, 2002|08:53 am]
Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will|
certainly change things. Each year the staff at Beloit College
in Wisconsin puts together a list to try to give the faculty
a sense of the mindset of the current year's incoming freshmen.
Here's this year's list:
1. The people who are starting college this fall across the
nation, were born in 1984.
2. They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.
3. Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
4. Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.
5. The CD was introduced the year they were born.
6. They have always had an answering machine.
7. They have always had cable.
8. They cannot fathom not having a remote control.
9. Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.
10. They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
11. They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.
12. They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.
13. They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile
for a Camel." or "de plane Boss, de plane!"
14. They do not care who shot J.R. and have no idea who
J.R. even is.
15. Michael Jackson has always been white.
16. McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.
17. They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.