What about it pissed you off Ben? I guess you are hearing a bit about what your guys are doing in the field in NO, but certainly from a public view point it does seem like :-
1. it took ages to get aid started
2. no one seemed to be organising it
3. people were sent to central points then ignored and left with little or no food and water
4. there was a perceived difference between the way the white and black residents were treated
5. public orde broke down and gangs were ruling areas of the city
Now don't get me wrong, if a situation of that scale happens it is a big job getting a command and control structure in place. It is coming together now, the people have been bussed out and the clear-up of the town is starting. I have a lot of respect for the ppeople working there now!
Have a look at interdictor
- it's a guy trying to keep a data centre running in NO. Some of his early reports include descriptions of NOPD guys clearing looters out of stores then looting themselves!